Wednesday, March 14, 2012




Spook   light


Now it’s not even Halloween but every time here lately when I would go into our family room I would notice one of the floor lamps would be on at a certain time.

It was by the easy chair where our new cat Pickle always sleeps and I just thought maybe Jim turned it on for her each evening for some reason.

I didn’t ask him about it but I noticed every time after supper when Jim would go into the study to read his Bible, that’s when the light in the family room would be on.

Finally out of curiosity I asked him if he had been turning that light on for Pickle for some strange reason. He said no that he hadn’t but he had been noticing that it had been on also.

Well, the conclusion we have come to is that since it is a remote-controlled light, it is on the same frequency that Jim’s remote-controlled light in the study is on so when he goes in to turn his light on to read the Bible, it also turns the one on in the family room.

I am reminded of the 1977 Debby Boone hit song “You Light Up My Life.”

          You light up my life
          You give me hope
          To carry on
          You light up my days
          and fill my nights with song.

This is the way I think about Jesus as being my Light. I love life and doing lots of things, but He is the Light or the reason for my whole life.

Whatever I do, I want to do for Him even pulling weeds or sweeping the floor. He made everything in this world and so I like to think I’m showing Him thanks by helping out in taking care of the things He made—maybe being a small light to Him even or to someone else.

I like the way John 1:4 NLT puts it, “Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone.”

Love in Jesus,
God’s “light” servant,
Liz Ray
Written March 14, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment