Thursday, May 31, 2012




Butterfly   catcher


“When you go out, take Pickle with you. She just sits by the door and cries and cries,” my husband Jim told me last night after I got in from working outside.

I noticed that after I had gone back out, here she came. I guess Jim let her back out pretty quickly.

She had been outside with me all day, so when I came back in for a few minutes I thought maybe she was ready to stay in and get a little rest.

Working outside all day is hard work, you know, especially for a cat. And especially since she stays right with me wherever I go.

But she is persevering and as long as I am out, I guess she thinks she has to be. Besides she has more fun being outside. She runs and jumps and tries to catch butterflies or whatever is flying around.

Yesterday I was getting something out of the barn, and she was trying to catch carpenter bees which look like bumble bees.

She isn’t discriminating at all—just whatever flies.

Watching her always brings a smile to my face, just to see how much she enjoys life. She evidently had never been outside before our son Mark brought her to us from Wayside Waifs in February.

Now though once she has gotten a taste of being outside, it’s one big adventure of exploring and enjoying every aspect of this big wide world that has been opened to her. She just can’t seem to get enough of it.

Putting a spiritual spin on this, I guess it’s kind of like once you get a taste of God, you just can’t get enough of Him either.

He opens up a whole wide world for enjoying life. And, for me, it is an everyday thing. It’s in the little things as well as the big things. I see God’s hand everywhere.

“O taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the man that trusteth in him.”  (Psalm 34:8 KJV)

 Love in Jesus,
God’s “tasting and enjoying” servant,
Liz Ray
Written May 2, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment