Monday, February 6, 2012




Blink   sync


“And just when I was getting my eyes to blink in sync with its blinking!” laughed my husband Jim about the flickering LED light we just got rid of.

It was a clip on goose-neck light that we used at the computer desk. We both just loved it, the way it looked, the way it worked—until it started blinking.

It had 24 tiny LED bulbs in the head. At first two of them or so started blinking. Then a few more, and then a few more. And then a few more.

I tried to ignore the blinking and concentrate on what I was doing at the computer. That worked for awhile. Except I could feel myself gradually getting a slow rage inside me.

At one point, I wanted to grab that beautiful little light we loved so much and throw it across the room. I couldn’t stand another blink, no matter how much self-control I tried to have.

It was so pretty though. Perhaps we should have been suspicious however when we bought it as it was in a bin with a whole bunch of others just like it with a much-reduced CLEARANCE price on it.

Oh, well, we enjoyed it for a little while. We do have it replaced now with one that is working just fine. And I’m beginning to think it’s just as nice, especially since it isn’t blinking.

I have to watch myself that as I go through life I don’t buy into things or ideas that look nice and seem to come with a small price. But later I find out that they can start blinking and mess up my life big time.

I find that if I stick with God-centered ideas revolving around love and concern for others rather than thinking only of myself, I’m on solid basis and am operating under a light that never blinks—God’s light.

“God is light; and there is no darkness in him at all.” I John 1:5 NLT)

Love in Jesus,
God’s “non-blinking” servant,
Liz Ray
Written February 1, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz, this is a PERFECT analogy!! In a world that always wants us to buy into something it can be easy to pick up ideas, beliefs, habits that are not true to God's Word. And so many of the false messages come to us in ways that are not obvious so we find ourselves buying into something we didn't even know we had bought!! We have to be grounded in Scripture, always.

    ReplyDelete