Thursday, May 31, 2012




Sistertime


I think I’ve coined a new word—sistertime. I guess it’s kind of like summertime. Reminds me of the 1902 Tin Pan Alley song “In the Good Old Summertime.”

There’s a time in each year
That we always hold dear
Good old summertime.
Those days full of pleasure
We now fondly treasure
In the good old summertime.

Yes, that describes what it’s like when my two sisters, Lou from Eldon and Katherine from Eugene, and I get together. I would just change summertime to sistertime in the song.

Now when we get a chance to see our brother Junior who lives at Laurie, it’s even better. But this time we didn’t catch him at home.

We started off Wednesday after Bible study in Eldon with several of us having lunch at Lou’s and spending the afternoon visiting and laughing and “tall-taling.” And as always we enjoy our 93-year old Aunt Stella who drove over after Bible study to join in on the hilarity.

Then Thursday we had a rambunctious time along with our cousin Carolyn hitting bling jewelry stores in Jeff City and then on to thrift shops and garage sales.

Friday we headed to Camdenton to their 62nd Dogwood Festival to some big church garage sales. You might gather that we like to go to garage sales and thrift shops.

Oh, and in Jeff City at a couple of the garage sales, we even got a bonus of a personal tour of their beautifully landscaped yards after commenting on them.

Now in between all this we also squeezed in time to visit three of our relatives in different care centers.

 Except when we were talking and laughing with Cousin Sylvia, another resident came to the door to check on what was going on. I guess we got a little loud with our hilarity and good time.

Anyway Saturday it was time to head home. As usual I always thank God for our times of being together.

“I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart; and I will glorify thy name for evermore.”  (Psalm 86:12 KJV)

Love in Jesus,
God’s “sistertime” servant,
Liz Ray
Written April 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment