Wednesday, January 18, 2012



59    degrees



Yes, 59 degrees around 5 p.m. on the last day of the year, December 31.

What a heyday I had outside! I started out early in the morning raking and shredding leaves. After working for just a little while though I soon shed my coat.

This last day of the year fell on a Saturday and since I didn’t even have to go in town for anything, I worked all day long outside and loved every minute of it.

One completely unbroken day of complete bliss. It’s not often I get to stay home all day—and especially on a perfect day weatherwise.

In between raking and shredding leaves and reforming my flower beds and paths I also started making war on henbit and chickweed that had already popped through where the mulch had grown thin.

This time last year I was still fighting these two persistent weeds in April but because of this gift of early good weather in December I’m way ahead of the game this year.

Miss Henbit and Miss Chickweed will be smothered with mulch and won’t have a chance to get started and outwit me this time.

Spiritually speaking though to me this nice day the last day of the year summarizes the whole year.

I’m not saying everything that happened during the year was good but what I am saying is that God is good and He helps me and every other person who calls on Him to get through whatever hard thing we are going through at the time.

Not only do I look at that nice day the last day of the year as a summary of the whole past year, but also as an indicator of this new year of 2012.

Here’s what I hear the Lord saying, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 TNIV)

Love in Jesus,
God’s hopeful servant,
Liz Ray
Written January 6, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment