Wednesday, January 18, 2012




Cat   starer


He stands and stares at me. It’s only 5 o’clock in the morning.

I was going to vacuum the floor before I had my quiet time with God because I wanted to be sure and get the vacuuming done before something unexpected came up and prevented it.

I even turned the family room light on in preparation for vacuuming, but there stood Peanut (our bobcat-look alike cat) in the middle of the floor as if to say, “Aren’t you going in the other room and read and pray?”

Of course, his part is to crawl up beside me and go to sleep in the chair while I do my devotions.

He’s like clockwork. He knows the routine and he doesn’t want to vary it.

Sometimes in life it helps to have someone to be accountable to. I never thought for me it would be a cat.

At times God can be very creative in helping me do the right thing. He uses whatever He knows will be the most effective.

I think He had a plan in mind when He dropped Peanut into my life twelve years ago as a little kitten that wandered into my mom’s garage in Eldon.

And He knows that my first priority should be to give the first part of the day to Him so He can steer me in the right direction for the rest of the day.

So when I see Peanut sitting and staring at me first thing in the morning, I know what that means and I say, “Thank you God for keeping me on track. Thank you that You love me enough to care.”

Each morning I pick out a proverb to try to live by for the day ( I call it MPTLBT). The one I picked out this morning is Proverbs 10:17 from the Amplified Bible. “He who heeds instruction and correction is [not only himself] in the way of life, but is a way of life for others…”

By the way, I did get my floor vacuumed later.

Love in Jesus,
God’s “cat-directed” servant,
Liz Ray
Written January 11, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment